Monday, February 7, 2011

Wouldn't It Be a Lovely Headline, 'Life is Beautiful' On the New York Times.

To put it bluntly, my outfit today was adorable. My darling had bought me a cute floral dress that I was dying to wear. I donned it proudly with black tights, blue flats, a pink braided belt, and a red cape. It may sound catstrophic, but believe me, it was not. I was very anxious to take pictures of said outfit to share them with you when a man approached dear Jesse and I at our local Starbucks and implored if he could photograph us because we were both dressed so well (looking good pays off yet again!). So we sat and continued our conversation with clasped hands and goo-goo eyes in an attempt to be candid as Jeff (the photographer) snapped pictures of us. He then took us outside and posed us and took even more pictures (much to my dismay because I am very awkward in front of the camera [problematic considering how I write a fashion blog. Oh well]). After this spontaneous shoot, Jeff told us he would upload the pictures on his website (http://creamabuscarodotcom.wordpress.com/). How overjoyed I was to realize that the job of taking pictures of my outfit had been taken care of for me! But as the hours wore on, I came to the realization that, like myself, Jeff is a procrastinator. That means, no pictures. Boo. But I promise I will post them as soon as Jeff does!

In lieu of my outfit, I shall give you a peek into the other passion of my life: dance.



Ah, dance. The embodiment of unspoken emotion, of fathomless feeling which words cannot express. But dance has also become an inspiration for fashion and art. Dance has inspired Valentino's ball-gowns, stunning photography, Chanel's iconic ballet flat as well as Lady Gaga's pointe heels. And with such films as The Black Swan, dance is receiving more attention than ever, and it is very well deserved.









Dance allows one to be feminine, powerful, and alluring. When a dancer dances well, it stuns the audience and makes it impossible to take their eyes away from you. How could it not inspire fashion, which we strive to use to accomplish the same means that dance does. It seems that they almost go hand in hand.
-Valerie Joy


1 comment:

  1. ooh those gaga ballerina wedges r cool! :)

    ps. love following your blog and seeing all ur photos :)
    p.s.s. I miss u!

    ReplyDelete