Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day, Five: Uff da.

Inspiration

 The Outfit







And of course, the most beautiful accessory of all, is a lovely baby girl.
My niece, Sophia Christine.


Outfit Details:
Jacket: Forever 21
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Vintage
Blouse: Forever 21
Shoes: Forever 21
Purse: J Crew
Bracelet: Vintage
Uff da Button: Somewhere in North Dakota

As most will come to realize, the majority of my wardrobe consists of black. I find it to be incomparably classy as well as timelessly chic. However, ensembles of all black and white seem to get a bit repetitive, so I make an attempt to jazz things up with a brightly colored piece, like a fitted red blazer from Forever 21. And yes I do realize that I wore this pair of shoes and this belt just two days ago, but I find nothing wrong with repeating and remixing pieces. Why should someone waste money on clothing if they plan to wear it only once? I think it takes far more talent to be able to remix an item in countless ways than to just go out and buy new clothes every time you need to put on an outfit. Although, I sure do love to buy new clothes, no sin in that.
P.S.: Uff da is an exclamation of Norwegian descent that is as versatile as Christian Louboutin heels. If you are stressed, you say "Uff da". Surprised? "Uff da". Stunned with admiration of a gorgeous yet overpriced dress? "UFF DA".
-Valerie Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment