Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day, Seven: Ace

This year, my history teacher asked us to write a paragraph about the three things we are most thankful for. I wrote mine about Jesse (my boyfriend), my family, and Ace. Ace is my gorgeous vintage twelve speed bike that is more trendy and loyal than a gay best friend. Meet, Ace.

So today, I broke out Ace to take some pictures with me because, I will humbly admit, I was lazy today and wore the most basic outfit ever and hoped that Ace would bring some pizazz to my photos. In hopes of redeeming myself for my drab look, I took on a daunting task: take pictures at high noon. Now, to anyone who has not attempted this feat, it may seem quite simple. But it most definitely is not! The lighting is blinding and the heat stifling, causing the subject to sweat and their clothes to paste to their skin. Attractive? I think not. But despite the hardships, I struggled on to bring you these photos, which are overexposed but I like them very much. Again, I apologize for the really plain outfit, but when you have three hours of finals, I think you will understand my laziness.










Outfit Details:
Shirt: Buffalo Exchange
Shorts: Forever 21
Shoes: Aldo
Turquoise Ring: Vintage
Owl Ring: For Love 21
Cerulean Twist Ring: The Corner Cottage
Purse: Bushnell Binoculars
Sunglasses: Buffalo Exchange

I bought this ballerina-esque beauty of a shirt at Buffalo Exchange yesterday and was so anxious to wear it! It is so simple, but the shape and cut of it is feminine and is an easy outfit in itself. The real appeal of this shirt is the neckline, which is so lovely that the shirt can actually be worn backwards as a small V-back!


And now, I regretfully leave you to go sit in my local Starbucks and study for the dreaded English final tomorrow.
-Valerie Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment