Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day, Two: Lust/Must

So this morning, I excitedly put together an artistic and lovely outfit with the intention of taking pictures of it and featuring it on this very blog for your benefit. However, as the day wore on, I found that the clouds were covering the sun quite thoroughly, producing an eery light that was not too flattering on my paper white skin tone. So I decided to present an idea that I had for the days in which I was not able to take pictures or just found myself too lazy to change out my pajamas. I call it "Lust verses Must". This whole concept was born out of the severe state of depression I often find myself in when I see a certain item (like a stunning pair of shoes, for example) and get in a tizzy about how absolutely wonderful they are until I realize...that they are hundreds of dollars. Curse you, fancy designers! Don't you realize that you are going to be the cause of my manic depression when I hit my mid-life crisis? Anyways, when I find myself in this gloomy state of mind, I seek high and low across the endless miles of webpages on Craigslist to hunt down a similar item that is within my price range. This is what I shall be attempting to do with Lust verses Must. And hopefully in the process, I will stop making death threats to certain designers...*Derek Lam cough cough*.

LUST

I present, the absolutely gorgeous Top Sider Heel from Derek Lam. A new spin on the classic boat shoe: stacked stiletto heel, a feminine take on plaid, and the adorable eyelets on the side all contribute to this heel's versatility and beauty. They are truly perfect in every way. 
 Stocked in certain Derek Lam boutiques and at his online shop: http://www.dereklam.com/shop/
Market Price: $890.00
Boo!

MUST

And this, my friends, is the Chelsea Crew Sabrina Gray and Blue Exposed Oxford Heel. Holding just as much charm and detail as the Top Siders, they have a slightly smaller heel lending to a more comfortable wear. They feature the same eyelets and similar lacing to the Top Siders, at a fraction of the price.
Stocked at Lulu's online boutique: http://www.lulus.com/products/chelsea-crew-sabrina-gray-and-blue-exposed-oxford-heel/22306.html
Market Price: $62.00
Woo hoo!

-Valerie Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment